- Born in Village Rampur Mustarka, Post Bhagwatganj, District Pratapgarh (UP), Dr Y P Singh belongs to an agriculture-based middle-class Rajput family. Dr Singh is a true believer in secularism, which means giving equal status and respect to all religions, castes and creeds.
- He had his primary education from Saraswati Shishu Mandir, Pratapgarh. After completing Higher Secondary (10+2) from Government Inter College (GIC), Pratapgarh, followed by BSc (PCM group) from Ewing Christian College (ECC) – University of Allahabad and Dr Singh joined MSc (Maths) at the University of Allahabad.
- This was a turning point in his life when in 1994, he, due to spinal cord injury, became paraplegic and, thus, confined to the wheel chair permanently. A good player of hockey and football since childhood, Dr Singh remain confined to bed for almost 3 years and has undergone some major and minor surgeries. After completing PGDBA in 1999 with a dual specialization in Finance and Information Technology, Dr Singh started his career by joining IISE as a faculty member.
- During his job as faculty member, Dr Singh continued his learning process, which he believes is an endless process and must go on and, thus, in July 2001, he completed his M.Com. and in the same year he enrolled himself as a PhD scholar at the University of Lucknow in the area of Accounting Information System (AIS) and in a record time in May 2004, he was awarded the PhD degree and, thus, year by year, Dr Singh not only excelled himself in the field of Finance and Accounting but also gained recognition in academic circles.
- In July 2007, he published his first book titled ‘Accounting and Financial Management for IT Professionals’ (New Age International Publishers, New Delhi), a textbook prescribed for MCA students of UP Technical University, Lucknow.
- "In the year 2009, Dr. Singh was promoted to professor grade – the highest grade in academics and became first wheel - chair person of India who started his career while on wheel chair and rose up to the level of professor and in the year 2011 occupied the position of Director-IISE, Lucknow-22."
- "In the same year, Dr. Singh, has been designated prestigious Certified Financial Planner CMby Financial Planning Standards Board India and became the first wheel-chair person of India to be CFP certified."
- "In the year 2010, Dr. Singh, has been empaneled as Certified Financial Education Trainer by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), Govt. of India and became the first wheel-chair person of India to be SEBI certified Financial Education Trainer."
- In Feb 2014 his second book titled “Financial Management”, ISBN: 9789390219261, Publisher: McGraw Hill Education (India) Pvt Ltd, New Delhi, came into the market catering the need of latest techniques like Excel modeling, case study methodology and ppt presentation etc. for professional students / Faculty from MBA / PGDM / BBA and research departments.
- Dr Singh has remained associated with various organisations like Quantum Global Campus, Roorkee in the capacity of Dean and Professor of Finance Since Feb 2014 to July 2017 and Tecnia Institute of Advanced Studies (TIAS) - NAAC accredited Grade ‘A’ Institute, Rohini, Delhi, Affiliated to Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), Delhi in the capacity of Professor of Finance.
- Currently, Dr Singh is working as Professor of Finance at Sharda University - NAAC accredited Grade ‘A+ ’ University ,Greater Noida, India.
Dr Singh, through his grit and determination, proved that disability is not a bar in achieving heights in life. The key mantra to achieve success is his belief in the popular sayings, “Where there is a will, there is a way” and “God helps those who help themselves”.